What is the Immune System
The Immune System
Immune system is the body’s system of defences against diseases. It protects us from virus, bacteria, other microorganisms, toxins & growth of cancer cells. A healthy immune system means less chance of developing infections.
Immune System comprises of the White Blood Corpuscles (WBCs), Lymph Nodes, Spleen, Thymus, etc. Immune system protects organisms from infection with layered defences of increasing specificity. In simple terms, physical barriers prevent pathogens such as bacteria & viruses from entering the organism.
If a pathogen breaches these physical barriers, the innate immune system provides an immediate but non-specific response.
If pathogens successfully invade the innate response; a second layer of protection - the adaptive immune system becomes active which is itself activated by the innate response. This improved response is then retained after the pathogen has been eliminated; in the form of an immunological memory. This allows the adaptive immune system to mount faster & stronger attacks each time the same pathogen is encountered.
- 1st line of Defence that is skin, mucous membrane, natural microbial flora.
- 2nd line of Defence includes phagocytes (cells that engulf & ingest foreign bodies). These include Macrophages, Natural Killer Cells, Neutrophil, Basophil & Eosinophil.
- 3rd line of Defence which is called adaptive or acquired immunity. This includes T-lymphocytes & Lymphocytes.
Factors that Boost Immunity:
- Healthy Diet
- Proper Sleep
- Fresh Air & Sunshine
- Stress Free Environment
- Antioxidants with Multivitamins
Factors that Affect Immunity:
- Oxidative Stress
- Environmental Factors
- Cancer Cells
Effects of Weak Immune System:
- Frequent Cold & Flu
- Slow Wound Healing
- Recurrent Infections
- Increase Vulnerability to Degenerative Diseases
- Chronic Diseases
Our Immunace Forte supports your immune system with targeted nutrients. Zinc, Selenium and Vitamin C contribute to the normal function of the immune system.