8 Tips on How to Grow Hair Faster!
Include these techniques in your haircare routine to stimulate growth, make hair healthier, and improve its texture.
Most of us dream of having long, healthy, and lustrous hair. It is indeed our crowning glory. But only a few of us naturally have healthy hair. Most of us keep searching online for 'how to grow hair faster?'. Several reasons contribute to hair loss, such as age, hormonal imbalance, heredity, childbirth, illness, cancer treatment, scalp infection, and nutritional deficiency1. Correcting some habits and improving the diet cannot just stop your Hair fall but also dramatically improve your hair health and density.
You might be aware that the growth rate of human hair is 0.35mm/day, and we all lose about 100 hair strands daily.2 But if you think you are losing more hair than this, here are some hacks you can include in your daily hair care routine to make your hair grow faster. Read on!
How to Grow Hair Faster?
1. Scalp Massage
Studies have found that scalp massage increases the thickness of hair and its growth rate. Massaging the scalp with coconut oil reduces protein loss, thus preventing hair damage. Additionally, massage nourishes and soothes the scalp, promoting Hair growth3,4.
2. Include Vitamins and Minerals in your Diet
Vitamins A, C, B, D, and E, and minerals (iron, selenium, and zinc) prevent hair loss and promote hair follicle development5. Therefore, a diet rich in these vitamins and minerals can stimulate your hair growth and answer the question, 'how to grow hair faster?
3. Wash your hair frequently if they are Oily
How frequently you should wash your hair depends how oily your scalp is. As you age, the scalp has lesser oil, so you do not need to wash your hair as often6. However, if your scalp is oily, you should wash your hair as frequently as necessary. Washing your hair two to three times weekly is good enough to keep your hair clean without robbing it of natural oils.
4. Use Conditioner After Every Wash
A conditioner can improve damaged hair's texture and increase hair strength. A conditioner should be applied only on the hair tips and never on the scalp. You should always use the shampoo and conditioner according to your hair type for maximum benefits6.
5. Brush your hair Gently and Less frequently
Harsh brushing of hair may lead to hair fall. On the other hand, gentle brushing stimulates the scalp and releases natural oils. In addition, a study found that reducing the brushing frequency may reduce hair loss7.
6. Avoid using Hair Dryers
Studies have confirmed that hair dryers damage Hair. The regular use of hair dryers leads to dry and brittle hair as the hot dryer air steals the moisture. For faster hair growth, natural drying of hair is preferred8.
7. Do not Stress Yourself
Ever wonder, 'how to grow hair faster?' with this stressful life? Research suggests that stress causes hair loss9. There are several ways to reduce stress, like meditation, yoga, and breathing exercises. Do not cut short on your sleeping hours, as a minimum of eight hours is necessary for a stress-free life!
8. Take Supplements
In addition to having vitamins and minerals in your regular diet, you can also take supplements for hair growth. For example, biotin, b-complex vitamins, and omega-3 fatty acids promote hair growth and make hair healthy10.
It is important to note that hair growth is a slow process. Any supplements or hair oil cannot promote hair growth overnight. The result may take a few weeks to show. So, you should continue your efforts towards stopping hair loss and soon you won't have to search 'how to grow hair faster?'! Follow the tips and techniques mentioned in the article religiously and be patient.
Vitabiotics offers a hair supplement called Hairfollic, available as Wellman Hairfollic (for men) and Wellwoman Hairfollic (for women). Wellwoman Hairfollic combines 25 bio-nutrients, including biotin, selenium, and zinc, which maintain healthy hair. It provides advanced hair nutrition with a Bio-marine collagen complex, vital amino acids, Vitamin C, grape seed extract, and antioxidants that regenerate hair follicles and maintain a healthy scalp. Wellman Hairfollic, with 27 multi-nutrients including an exclusive Amino-lignan complex, provides amino acids essential for keratin synthesis and supporting hair growth. It also contains vital vitamins like B complex, biotin, and vitamins E and C, improving hair and scalp's overall health. Its bioactive minerals, such as Zinc, Copper, Selenium, and Magnesium, also promote hair growth, pigmentation, and scalp health.
Hairfollic can be a great addition if you quickly want long, lustrous, and healthy hair. To order your pack and for more information on the product, visit www.vitabiotics.in
- Hair loss: Who gets and causes. American Academy of Dermatology. Available from: https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/hair-loss/causes/18-causes.
- Murphrey et al. Anatomy, Hair. StatPearls [Internet]. Updated on 8-08-2022. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK513312/.
- Koyana et al. Standardized Scalp Massage Results in Increased Hair Thickness by Inducing Stretching Forces to Dermal Papilla Cells in the Subcutaneous Tissue. ePlasty.2016(e8);16. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4740347/pdf/eplasty16e08.pdf.
- Rele et al. Effect of mineral oil, sunflower oil, and coconut oil on prevention of hair damage. Cosmet Sci. 2003(2);175-92. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12715094/.
- Almohanna et al. The Role of Vitamins and Minerals in Hair Loss: A Review. Dermatology and Therapy.2019(9);51-70. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6380979/.
- Tips for healthy hair. American Academy of Dermatology. Available from: https://www.aad.org/tips-healthy-hair.
- Kiderman et al. The effect of brushing on hair loss in women. Dermatological Treatment.2009(3);152-155.Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19016066/.
- Lee et al. Hair Shaft Damage from Heat and Drying Time of Hair Dryer. Annals of Dermatology.2011(4);455-462.Available from: https://anndermatol.org/Synapse/Data/PDFData/0140AD/ad-23-455.pdf.
- How stress causes Hair Loss. National Institutes of Health. Updated on 13-04-2021. Available from: https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/how-stress-causes-hair-loss.
- The Best Vitamins and Supplements for Hair Growth. Cleveland Clinic. Updated on 12-08-2022. Available from: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/the-best-vitamins-supplements-and-products-for-healthier-hair/.