What Is the Best Multivitamin Supplement for Men?
Your body requires multiple nutrients, including vitamins and minerals, to keep all its functions on track. Multivitamins can be helpful if your diet does not provide all the nutrients. The best multivitamin will boost energy, eliminate fatigue, and enhance immunity.1
Do you feel tired and exhausted all the time? Do you think you could achieve more if you overcame this fatigue? Well, this might be because of possible nutritional deficiencies. Our diet doesn't always have the nutrients we need. Additionally, in comparison to women, men need more nutrients and vitamins. Additionally, the requirements for different nutrients vary between both genders. Men are less likely to develop an iron deficiency since they do not lose blood during menstruation.2
However, certain people may require supplements, particularly if they have dietary limitations or problems with vitamin absorption. e.g., older men are more likely to have vitamin B12 and D deficiencies than younger men3,4. Let's dive in to understand how multivitamins can help bridge such gaps and help you live a more fulfilling life.
Essential Vitamins required for men
It's critical to consider the components of a multivitamin while selecting the best multivitamin. For example, micronutrient requirements differ significantly by age and sex. In addition, long-term medical problems and drugs might also impact the need for micronutrients. However, adult men should typically ensure they get enough of the nutrients listed below:5,6
- Vitamin A: For the health of the immune system, skin, and eyes.
- Vitamin B complex: Involved in forming red blood cells and energy metabolism.
- Vitamin C: Involved in collagen production and maintenance of immunity.
- Vitamin D: Helps in bone metabolism, dental, immune, mental, and prostate health.
- Calcium, magnesium, and vitamin K: Help in bone health.
- Vitamin E and selenium: Antioxidants that protect cells from free radical damage.
- Magnesium and potassium: Regulate heartbeat, blood pressure, and muscular contraction while fostering cardiovascular health.
Choosing the best multivitamin supplement for men
The best multivitamin supplement for men tablets can be found on the Vitabiotics website. When used correctly with the doctor's advice, these supplements present no adverse effects. The following factors should be considered while buying one:7
- Daily Value
- Recommended Daily Allowance
The supplement should have as close as possible to 100% of the daily value of the nutrients.
Recommended Daily Allowance
Quantity of vitamins needed to stay healthy. Exceeding this value is unsafe as these compounds accumulate and may cause adverse effects.
Every individual has different requirements for minerals and vitamins. The must-have minerals in the best multivitamin supplements are calcium, zinc, selenium, and magnesium.
Uses of Wellman Multivitamin Supplements for Men
A group of professional researchers designed Wellman supplements based on the most recent scientific research. The main benefits of Wellman, the best multivitamin supplement for men, include the following:
- Health and Vitality
- Immune System
- Sports and Exercise
- Reproductive Health
Health and Vitality
Wellman is a specially formulated supplement for men of all ages that combines vital nutrients to support general health and vitality. It offers a straightforward remedy in the form of an innovative one-a-day tablet that has been created especially for the needs of men, as opposed to a general multivitamin for both genders.
Strong immunity is essential for good health. Multivitamin supplements contain nutrients and vitamins such as vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, folic acid, and copper (necessary for the immune system to function maximally).
Sports and Exercise
If you want to work and still have the energy to enjoy sports, Wellman recommends nutrients like pantothenic acid and magnesium which help lower tiredness and fatigue.
Wellman, the best multivitamin supplement for men, contains zinc and selenium. Zinc is a nutrient that helps maintain healthy reproduction and appropriate blood levels of testosterone. A healthy dose of zinc is essential because males lose an estimated 5 mg of zinc every time they ejaculate. Selenium is necessary for strong hair and supports healthy sperm production too. In addition, nutrients like folate, iron, magnesium, and vitamins B12 and A are also involved in cell division and tissue repair.
Other benefits of multivitamin supplements include:
- Eye Health: Supplements rich in Vitamin A help slow down the degeneration of cells. This helps in maintaining good eye health.
- Brain Function: Compounds like omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamin B12 prevent memory loss and help to restore brain function.
- Cardioprotective: Active components like L-Carnitine, B complex vitamins and vitamin D protects against ventricular dysfunction, cardiac arrhythmia, etc. In addition, it reduces the risk of hypertension and lowers blood pressure and other cardiovascular diseases.
To ensure normal functions, we require adequate vitamins and minerals, which may not always be present in the diet. Therefore, choosing the best multivitamin supplement ensures that we remain in our best health. Get your daily dose of nutrition with the Wellman tablet, as it is designed exclusively for the lifestyle needs of men. It provides 24 nutrients with added Siberian Ginseng & amino acids, which boost overall well-being, and reduces fatigue and tiredness. Wellman contains Zinc and L-Arginine for men, which enhance reproductive health & maintain normal testosterone levels. In addition, it contains CoQ10, which reduces fatigue. L-Glutathinone enhances immunity by reducing oxidative stress, and Choline acts as a neuroprotective agent. Visit the Vitabiotics website to learn more about the best multivitamin supplements for men for a healthy lifestyle, and order your pack today.
- Loconti C. How to Choose a Multivitamin. WebMD. Updated on: 14.06.2022
Available from: https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/how-to-choose-a-multivitamin
- National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements. Iron: Fact sheet for consumers.
Available from: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iron-HealthProfessional/
- Marchi G, Busti F, Zidanes AL, Vianello A, Girelli D. Cobalamin Deficiency in the Elderly. Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis. 2020 Jul 1;12(1)
Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7340236/
- Kweder H, Eidi H. Vitamin D deficiency in elderly: Risk factors and drugs impact on vitamin D status. Avicenna J Med. 2018 Oct-Dec;8(4):139-146
Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6178567/
- Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 2011.
Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK56070/
- Trump DL, Aragon-Ching JB. Vitamin D in prostate cancer. Asian J Androl. 2018 May-Jun;20(3):244-252.
Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5952478/
- Vitamins and Minerals: How Much Should You Take? Web MD. Updated on: 02.11.2022