The summer heat can be harsh on your skin and hair, but including vitamin E and biotin into your summer skincare routine can help protect and nourish them. Vitamin E, a strong antioxidant, helps prevent damage to the hair and skin from the UV rays of the sun, while biotin promotes healthy hair growth. So, vitamin E and biotin supplements can help overcome the damage dealt by the sun.
Summer is a season of warmth, sunshine, and outdoor adventures, but it can also be a challenging time for your skin and hair. The scorching heat, humidity, and exposure to UV rays can leave your skin dry, dull, and damaged, while your hair may become frizzy, brittle, and prone to breakage.
Fortunately, there are different ways to keep your skin and hair healthy and radiant during the summer months, and two essential nutrients that can help are vitamin E and biotin. These two are a powerhouse that work together to nourish and protect your skin and hair from the inside out by promoting hydration, growth, and resilience. So, if you're looking to give your beauty routine and summer skincare a boost this summer, read on to discover the benefits of vitamin E and biotin and how to incorporate them into your skin and hair care regimen.
Benefits of Biotin
Known by multiple names like vitamin B7, vitamin H, and coenzyme R, it is a water-soluble vitamin that is essential for a host of functions in our body. It is a magical solution to improve the health of your hair and skin.1
The main function of biotin is to convert carbohydrates, proteins, and fats into energy. It is also important for the healthy functioning of cells.1 Biotin is also important for maintaining skin and hair health. Its deficiency causes thinning of hair and rashes on the face.2 Perfectil tablets containing biotin can help get your daily dose of biotin.
Benefits of Vitamin E
A fat-soluble vitamin and powerful antioxidant, vitamin E, protect body cells from damage. It is mainly found in the sebum produced in the skin and creates a natural barrier that locks in the skin’s moisture. Generally, the amount of vitamin E present in sebum decreases with age and factors like UV light.3
Vitamin E plays an important role in maintaining healthy skin and strengthening immunity.4 Its antioxidant properties help in protecting the skin from damage caused by free radicals, which are unstable molecules that can damage skin cells and accelerate the ageing process.5 In addition, vitamin E has anti-inflammatory properties, which help in reducing redness and inflammation of the skin.6 Additionally, its photoprotective properties help in protecting the skin from damage caused by UV radiation.7
Using one tablet a day of Perfectil, you can get the necessary amount of vitamin E and reduce the skin and hair damage done by UV rays.
Effects of UV Radiation on the Skin and Hair
There are three types of UV radiation emitted from the sun; UVA which can cause wrinkles, tanning, and skin cancer; UVB which can damage the outermost layer of the skin causing tanning and blistering; and UVC which is absorbed by the earth’s atmosphere.8
Excess exposure to UVA and UVB radiation can damage your skin. It can cause skin pigmentation and speed up the effects of ageing which can lead to freckles, wrinkles, and skin cancer.8
Furthermore, UVA radiation can change hair colour and UVB radiation can cause loss of hair protein.9
Perfect your Hair and Skin
Both biotin and vitamin E have amazing properties that can rejuvenate damaged skin and hair. Biotin is essential in protein synthesis, including keratin. Keratin is essential in maintaining healthy hair. Therefore, consuming biotin promotes hair growth.10 Similarly, vitamin E has antioxidant properties and protects the skin and hair from damage caused by free radicals produced when the skin and hair are exposed to UVA and UVB radiation.
The daily requirement of vitamin E is 3 mg for women and 4 mg for men4 whereas for biotin, it is 30 mcg for adults.11 However, during the summer months, you may find it difficult to maintain healthy skin and hair despite this intake.
In such cases, you can opt for various multivitamin supplements that contain biotin and vitamin E. Vitabiotics, the world’s No. 1 multivitamin company has designed Perfectil tablets that are created specifically for the nourishment of skin, hair, and nails. A pack of 30 tablets is a perfect combination of 22 micronutrients which contains biotin, zinc, selenium, vitamin E, etc. They all work together like clockwork in maintaining healthy hair, skin, and nails.
So visit Vitabiotics.in today and order your pack of Perfectil. Begin your journey towards amazing summer skincare and hair now!
- Biotin benefits: What the experts have to say [Internet]. Cleveland Clinic. Cleveland Clinic; 2022 [cited 2023 May 5]. Available from: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/benefits-of-biotin/
- Biotin: MedlinePlus supplements [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2023 May 5]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/natural/313.html
- What vitamin E does for your skin's health [Internet]. Cleveland Clinic. Cleveland Clinic; 2023 [cited 2023 May 5]. Available from: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/vitamin-e-for-skin-health/
- Vitamin E [Internet]. NHS choices. NHS; [cited 2023 May 5]. Available from: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vitamins-and-minerals/vitamin-e/#:~:text=Vitamin%20E%20helps%20maintain%20healthy,infection%20(the%20immune%20system)
- The role of vitamin E in normal and damaged skin [Internet]. Journal of molecular medicine (Berlin, Germany). U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2023 May 5]. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/7633944/
- Vitamin E, oxidative stress, and inflammation [Internet]. Annual review of nutrition. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2023 May 5]. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16011463/#:~:text=Vitamin%20E%20is%20a%20potent,with%20regard%20to%20cardiovascular%20disease.
- Burke KE et al. Effects of topical and oral vitamin E on pigmentation and skin cancer induced by ultraviolet irradiation in SKH:2 hairless mice [Internet]. Nutrition and cancer. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2023 May 5]. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11341050/
- Ultraviolet (UV) radiation: What it is & its effect on your skin [Internet]. Cleveland Clinic. [cited 2023 May 5]. Available from: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/10985-ultraviolet-radiation
- Sebetić K, Sjerobabski Masnec I, Cavka V, Biljan D, Krolo I. UV damage of the hair [Internet]. Collegium antropologicum. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2023 May 5]. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19138021/#:~:text=UVB%20radiation%20is%20responsible%20for,on%20hair%20proteins%2C%20especially%20keratin.
- Patel DP, Swink SM, Castelo-Soccio L. A review of the use of biotin for hair loss [Internet]. Skin appendage disorders. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2017 [cited 2023 May 5]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5582478/#:~:text=Biotin's%20function%20in%20protein%20synthesis,produced%20by%20normal%20gut%20flora.
- Office of dietary supplements - biotin [Internet]. NIH Office of Dietary Supplements. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; [cited 2023 May 5]. Available from: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Biotin-HealthProfessional/#:~:text=The%20DV%20for%20biotin%20is,been%20added%20to%20the%20food.